Osmoflo R&D Goes Global with Hitz Support

Osmoflo R&D Goes Global with Hitz Support

06th Mar 2017

With Hitachi Zosen Corporation (“Hitz”) officially acquiring majority ownership of Osmoflo’s group of companies in February 2017, Mr Takashi Tanisho, President and CEO of Hitz, made his first visit to South Australian based Osmoflo on Wednesday 1st March 2017. Mr Takashi Tanisho toured the head office hub and manufacturing facilities, and in conjunction with Osmoflo CEO and Managing Director Emmanuel Gayan, formally opened Osmoflo’s new innovation centre, The Edge.

Through the Hitz acquisition of Osmoflo, the company becomes the largest Australia based desalination and industrial water treatment company and now has the capability to be a true global player.

As we look to the future and with the support from Hitz and their global network, we are able to provide a facility for ground breaking research and development.” said Emmanuel Gayan. “Meeting the global demand for effective and resourceful water treatment processes will require new ways of thinking and new technologies that today we can only imagine. The creation of The Edge is focused on strengthening our world-class capabilities in the discovery and development of innovative desalination and water treatment solutions, such as our patented OBS [Osmoflo Brine Squeezer®].”

For over 25 years Osmoflo has been at the forefront of technical and commercial innovation within the water treatment industry. Products such as PlantConnect® and Brine Squeezer were ahead of their time in delivering benefits to customers. The opening of Osmoflo’s innovation centre will provide an excellent showcase of the company’s knowledge, products, testing capabilities and cutting edge R&D within the Burton, South Australia location. The Edge is the formalisation of the company’s continued commitment to technical developments into the future and provides effective solutions to customers.  Led by Hiep Le, an International Desalination Association Emerging Leaders award recipient, it is run by some of the most technically experienced personnel in the water industry. The centre will also deliver world class training with Osmoflo’s highly skilled and experienced leaders passing their expert knowledge onto up and coming water treatment specialists.

Emmanuel Gayan stated “This is a fantastic time in the continued growth of Osmoflo.  With Hitz’s R&D support and business network we can truly become a global business with the ability to replicate our Australian successes around the world.  The desalination and water reuse capabilities and experience of Osmoflo’s team are first class and with the ability to fully utilise these skills via the Hitz network, we expect significant opportunities for growth”.

Osmoflo is a leading water treatment process technology and engineering company in desalination and industrial water treatment, with its headquarters located in Burton, South Australia. Based on its reputation for high quality and performance, the company has grown within Australia and internationally in regions including the Middle East, South East Asia, India and South America.

Hitz is a Japanese industrial machinery and environmental engineering company with key strengths lying in its knowledge of the water and power contracting business, as well as its international presence. The majority share acquisition will provide significant growth opportunities for Osmoflo and will enable the company to tap into Hitz’s large international network. Osmoflo will be able to offer its customers and the market a substantially increased range and size of solutions, and will be able to access markets within the desalination and industrial water treatment industry that it has not previously been involved with.

While utilising the Hitz network, Osmoflo will continue to operate separately under its valued ‘Osmoflo’ brand name and with its experienced team based throughout Australia and internationally.

Hitz acquired 70% of Osmoflo’s shares, held by Osmoflo founders Annie and Marc Fabig. Marc will remain active in the company as a Non-Executive Director.  The remaining 30% of shares continue to be held by Marubeni Water Australia Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation of Japan. 

The Edge official opening

Takashi Tanisho and Emmanuel Gayan cutting the ribbon to
open Osmoflo's new Innovation Centre 'The Edge'

Download media release: Osmoflo R&D goes global with Hitz support

Previous page